Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Grouping specific posts by category using custom theme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zinnmark
    Participant

First of all, thank you for providing such an amazing plugin!

Following your online documentation, I have created my own custom theme based on Theme-1 you provide. Currently, you can select posts by category, but it doesn’t let you choose specific posts within the selected category. Is there some way to code it to select a specific post?

Currently all posts are merged together into one list in descending order by date. Let’s say I want News posts to appear first, followed by a Research posts in the middle and Advocacy posts at the end. Would that be possible? Is there a code solution that will group posts together by category? Are headers for those categories possible?

Mark

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, you should create a custom theme (see the documentation on this site) and use the wordpress WP_Query to etxract posts filtered by category, separately for each category you need and so create separated sections with the extracted posts.

Stefano.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Of course you can use the composer to create a newsletter with posts from different categories. Once you created that newsletter you can then duplicate it later and just refresh the posts sections to have a fresh new newsletter.

Stefano.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.