Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Gmail is not working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    musicmundial
    Participant

Hi, can someone help me please?

When I send a email to my subscribers I noticed that people with Gmail are not receiving the email.

I don’t know if someone has the same problem, I searched here and I didn’t get something.

Outlook is working normally, email’s could be see on Spam folder, but Gmail is not working totally.

Hope you can help me! Thank you so much!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi @musicmundial,

Did you manage to solve your issue? I am having the same trouble and could not find a response to it.
    Any Gmail account (including other domains than @gmail.com that use the Google server) do not receive the newsletter. I have run many tests, including sending an e-mail from the Newsletter Status page.

Many thanks

physalis
    Participant

@musicmundial @gpitriangular It seems Gmail doesn’t like e-mails sent through this system. My newsletters (with DMARC, SPF and DKIM all properly setup for the SMTP-sending address) always land in Spam, and a warning is being displayed that this kind of e-mail is being used to collect user data. Not really cool. Direct messages don’t have that problem, of course.

Is there anything we can do about this? I suspect the link tracking feature is responsible for that?

Lilypad Cloud
    Participant

I seem to have gotten this to work just fine after much tweaking of various settings on my webhost.

Have a look at the actual email headers of the rejected email. Are the email server name and ip address the same as your website’s domain name and ip address? If they are not, then you should start by including the actual sending SMTP server in your SPF record.

My SPF record looks like this: “v=spf1 +mx +a +ip4:99.99.99.99 a:myactual.sendinghost.com ~all”. The “ip4:” entry is the actual sending servers IP and the “a:” entry is the actual sending servers host.domainname as shown in the headers.

This article from Google was very helpful for troubleshooting/understanding the DMARC setup process. Key is are you telling @gmail.com servers to Reject your mail on DMARC failure or saying None.

Install the Easy WP SMTP plugin and setup it up. This simple step can straighten out alot of issues.

I have had success with ATT and others with requesting for my email server to be removed from their rejection list for abuse.

Finally, many inbound email servers use scanning tools to look for possible UCE/Spam signatures, such as trackback links and such. They also look for good email newsletter signatures in those same emails so that a good actor/senders emails can come on in. Be sure to setup your Settings-> Company Info, with a legitimate name and address. Make sure that your Newsletter DOES include the “Manage your subscription | View online” links near the bottom. The inbound SMTP servers at Gmail are looking for good form that meets the requirements.

Best of luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.