Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Generating Text-only version of Newsletter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ehilge
    Participant

Hey there, I’ve been trying to optimize my emails to avoid SPAM folders and one of the dings I’m getting right now (per mail-tester.com) is that I’m only sending out an html version of the email and no text version (more specifically, the error reads “Message only has text/html MIME parts”). I did find the page under “Edit Newsletter” where you can edit the textual version of the newsletter, and there’s a warning bar above that that says “The text part is sent only when Newsletter manages directly the sending process.” with a link to an “Advanced Settings” panel that doesn’t seem hugely relevant at first glance.
    Anyway, as far as I can tell Newsletter does directly manage the sending process for my messages, but there’s no text version included (which I verified on a test email with gmail’s ‘show original’ button). Any thoughts on how I can force the textual version to be sent?

ehilge
    Participant

Update: I found another thread which indicated “the textual version can be sent ONLY if you use an SMTP or set the “direct mailing” from the Newsletter main settings”.
    So my new question is: where is this direct mailing setting? I can’t find it anywhere.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.