I have two custom forms currently active, and I’ve been trying to force subscribers of one form to be subscribed to a list and subscribers of the other one to be subscribed to a different list.
However, I am unable to get the registered accounts under a list or another. The only way I can assign a list automatically seems to be by pre-assigning it.
What I’ve already tested:
– I created 3 lists, one for a form, one for another, and one for both;
– I tried to get one list to be set, then two, using both the
lists shortcodes (from the documentation it’s unclear which is the functioning one);
– I set the Visibility on every possible setting;
– I set the lists as Pre-checked and as not Pre-checked;
– I changed the names of the lists to 1 and 2, to conform with the tags;
– I tried the putting
lists shortcode before and after
This is the shortcode I have for the form (which otherwise works fine)
<?php echo do_shortcode( '[newsletter_form list="2" form="2"]' ); ?>
I admit I haven’t tried every single combination of these approaches, but I tried to be as comprehensive as possible after realizing that the suggested settings didn’t seem to work.
As a small addendum, inserting a partially correct test email (abc@abc, without the .com or similar) gets me a blank page with an unformatted “Wrong Email” text. For every other error, the browser simply shows small standard pop-ups indicating that the email is missing an @ or that the policies must be accepted