Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support FAILED (Undefined index: wp_db_temp_dir)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    marcnyc
    Participant

Hello, I just installed the plugin and I’m trying to get it up and running but the test email won’t send and in the STATUS page I get the following error:

FAILED (Undefined index: wp_db_temp_dir)
    Read more.- Try to set on main setting a sender address with the same domain of your blog

I searched in the online documentation and this support forum and I cannot find anything about this error so I am not sure how to tackle it.

Also at the bottom of the status page there is another error:

Charset:
    The recommended charset for your database is utf8mb4 to avoid possible saving errors when you use emoji. Read the WordPress Codex conversion instructions (skilled technicia required).

I am wondering why this error is even taking place since I am running WordPress and it has alwyas run with the databse… Even if I knew how to convert it, would it be safe for me to convert the database? Or would WP stop working?

Thanks

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, that “wp_db_temp_dir” is from another plugin which is modifying the standard wp_mail() function. Try to disable other plugin or to understand which plugin is changing the mailing behavior of WP.
    For example a similar error is reported here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/undefined-index-wp_db_temp_dir/
    Anyway that error could not be related directly with the mailing process (PHP is not the best for tracing errors). Could be your provide does not allow you to send email.
    Disable the backup plugin and try again, many we can see a different error.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.