Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support FAILED (SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: …

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    aptoitos
    Participant

Hi,
    I have been using the plugin to send mewnsletetrs for a long time now and all was good. Today,I tried sending a test email to my own address and got this error:

FAILED (SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: ????????@yahoo.com: Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client. (carsmerchandise.com) [5.79.65.48]:34518 is not permitted to relay through this server without authentication. )
    – Try to remove the return path on main settings.

Do you know what has happened? Is this something you can help me with?
    Regards and grazie.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, you should contact your provider. Are you using an SMTP to send emails from your blog? Check if you have configured our SMTP addon (or just the SMTP options for old installation) or if you have an SMTP plugin. If so, check the SMTP host set and ask that provider what is happening or what they changed.
    To me, the message is actually almost clear: the SMTP used (could be an SMTP configured into the server and not in your blog) is used without authentication and now they added stricter rules to use it.
    Stefano-

aptoitos
    Participant

Stefano, thx for the quick reply. I will contact my provider but, just to let you know that, I use your SMTP addon withOUT authentication and all worked well until now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.