Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support FAILED (SMTP connect() failed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

hHello,

I am getting the below message when I tried to send a test message on the Status page:

FAILED (SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting)
    Read more.- Try to set on main setting a sender address with the same domain of your blog: edm.myshopperfeedback.com.au (you are using getstarted@myshopperfeedback.com.au)

I am also not receiving any newsletter that I sent to myself. My last successful attempt was on October 14. Has anything changed in the system since?

I tried to change the sender email address to be the same domain as edm.myshopperfeedback.com.au (i.e. using getstarted@edm.myshopperfeedback.com.au which I jusst set up) but it still failed but without extra info like the message on the “Read more” line.

Please help as I urgently need to send out newsletters and I am new to this plugin. Many thanks in advance!

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, ask your provider if you can make SMTP connections from your website and which is the correct SMTP server address.

Stefano.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.