Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Error Sending Test Email From Template

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wess_coast
    Participant

When I try to send a test email from the Messages Template portion of the plugin, I get this error:

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 24 of the file E:\web\...\wp-content\plugins\newsletter\subscription\template.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_test_users() on string in E:\web\...\wp-content\plugins\newsletter\subscription\template.php:24
    Stack trace:
    #0 E:\web\...\wp-content\plugins\newsletter\includes\module-admin.php(178): require()
    #1 E:\web\...\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(310): NewsletterModuleAdmin->menu_page('')
    #2 E:\web\...\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(334): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
    #3 E:\web\...\wp-includes\plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #4 E:\web\...\wp-admin\admin.php(259): do_action('admin_page_news...')
    #5 {main}
      thrown

i tried debugging it myself, it looks like $module is getting set to a string at line 166 in module-admin.php, $module = $this->sanitize_file_name($parts[1]);, which i suspect is the cause but not sure.
    EDIT: i was able to fix it, at least for now. $module comes up twice in template.php. i replaced the first instance of $module with NewsletterSubscriptionAdmin::instance() and the second instance with NewsletterSubscription::instance(). this keeps them as objects instead of strings which is what template.php was getting from $module, for whatever reason. that got the test emails to send, hopefully it doesn’t affect normal newsletter usage.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, thank you for your report, the problem should be addressed on version 7.9 (it will be released this week).

wess_coast
    Participant

Ah, great! Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.