Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Error message: Host doesn't match expected CN

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am not sure why but I keep getting this error message in my status page for my site:

Last test failed with error “stream_socket_enable_crypto(): Peer certificate CN=*.bluehost.com' did not match expected CN=smtp.gmail.com'”.

My host is bluehost but how do I configure the plugin so that I can send mail.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Have you set on plugin as sender email address an address using your domain? Or did you set a gmail address?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I’ve set that on a email address with my domain but for some reason still getting this error message.

I have tried to test it but now getting this error message.

SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client, or login to the IMAP/POP3 server before sending your message. (brokehustlers.com) is not permitted to relay through this server without authentication.

I’m not currently using an SMTP server but if I do, will this correct my problem? (If you do know any free ones, please recommend me some!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.