Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Error in “Amazon SES” addon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Patricio
    Participant

Hi,
    For a long time I never had problems with sending emails or any plugin functionality, but in the meantime I installed a new plugin, the “Perfecty Push Notifications” and, with that plugin enabled, I can’t access the Amazon SES addon settings, and the emails are not being sent. The error that comes up is this: “Cannot redeclare GuzzleHttp\describe_type() (previously declared in …. /plugins/perfecty-push-notifications/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/functions.php:16)”.
    The error is caused here: /plugins/newsletter-amazon/api/GuzzleHttp/functions.php.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem without needing to disable one of the plugins?
    Thanks

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, it means that the plugin is activating its own amazon SDK or its own library Guzzle which then conflicts with the amazon SDK we include in our addon to connect with amazon ses. The only solution is to ask that plugin author to activate the library ONLY when needed and not at the plugin startup. We already do that at our side: we load the library exactly when needed (when we have to deliver an email via amazon).
    This is a common problem of PHP and context where different software work together, it’s not the fault of one of the other plugins.
    Try to contact those plugin authors and we’re here to collaborate with them to solve the problem.

Miguel Patricio
    Participant

Hi, thanks. 🙂
    I’ve already contacted the plugin author, I’m waiting for a reply.

Miguel Patricio
    Participant

However, I found a recent response from plugin authors related to this issue: “You’re using an old version of Guzzle and that’s creating conflicts with other plugins that also use Guzzle”.
    Does The Newsletter Plugin use a recent version of Guzzle? Just so I can include this information when exchanging emails with the authors.
    Thanks again. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.