Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Emails end up in spam folders

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    apptreestudios
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have been sending out around 5 newsletters recently and have had issues with the emails ending up in people’s spam folders. I’m not sure why this happens. I would sincerely appreciate any help you guys might be able to offer. Here is some info:

– I have Bluehost hosting my WordPress site.

– I saw the post on the Newsletter forums saying “”you should ask the SMTP provider to sign the email using dkim. You should even ask the provider to setup the SPF records which is an easies task.”, and I sent that message to Bluehost. They then did some work in my account and said they “have added the Dkim record to the ‘zone editor’.” Unfortunately, even after this I am still seeing my emails ending up in the spam folder most of the time.

– Emails seem to end up as spam in Hotmail and Gmail. Meanwhile I do receive it myself in my .com domain hosted by Bluehost (which is the same domain I have as “Sender” in Newsletter).

Does anyone know what I can do solve this? It used to work just fine for me with 10-15% open rates or so, but after coming back to Newsletter after a break, I’m now seeing 5% open rates and have found in my testing that emails often end up af spam.

apptreestudios
    Participant

Any tips for what I can do? My open rates went from 15-20% to just over 6%. Considering a portion of my test recipients end up in the spam folder, I assume that this is what has caused the large drop in open rates. I don’t understand what could have caused this to happen all of the sudden.

apptreestudios
    Participant

I wish someone had any advice I could try 🙁

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, ask your provider to check is your server is now blacklisted and if they correctly setup they email configuration (for example the SPF record).

Stefano.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.