Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Email are only being sent if manually triggered from the dashboard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cnf
    Participant

Hi all,

I have been using THE NEWSLETTER PLUGIN for severall years, on several servers/websites and I just simply love it.
    Recently, I came across an issue which has never happened to me, and to be honest, I am running out of options here, so some feedback would be welcome.

Double opt-in is active.
    I am using WP MAIL SMTP plugin to manage the SMTP email, which is working fine;
    The problem seems to be related to the automation of the subscription process.
    All messages are correctly displayed, stating a confirmation email has been sent, however, unfortunately, I never receive the confirmation email to be able to activate it.
    Funny thing is, if I go to the subscribers page in the WP dashboard, I can simply click on “resend activation” and the email is sent and received.
    I then click on the link within the email to confirm, it takes me to the website, where, again, the message stating the email was successfully configured, but then, the welcome email is not sent. Once more, if I go to the subscribers section and click on “resend welcome email”, the email is sent.

I have been monitoring this on the CPANEL logs and I can see the emails being sent, only when “manually forced” via the dashboard. When they are “supposedly” being automatically triggered by THE NEWSLETTER PLUGIN, these emails don’t even show on the CPANEL email logs, therefore, I have to assume the plugin is not working properly on the subscription process, any ideas? Help!!!!!

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, this sounds like a “random” delivery problem. Can you share with me the site address to make a test?
    And if possible, enter the main setting panel and set the log level to debug, so we can have more information about the internal plugin actions in the status panel.

Stefano.

cnf
    Participant

Hi Stefano, Paulo here, thank you for getting back to me.

I have set the log level to debug as you requested.
    Here’s the page which you can use to test. This is also the dedicated page for the newsletter plugin
    I am using the standard subscription form shortcode [newsletter] on that page.
    On the status page, there is indeed a message:
    “Dedicated page content -> MAYBE -> The page seems to not contain the [newsletter], but sometime it cannot be detected if you use a visual composer. Please, check the page.”
    I don’t believe this is a problem, because as said before, the messages are correctly presented, it’s just the automatic emails with are not being sent as part of the process.

cristinanogueiradafonseca.pt/happy-mail/

Let me know if you need anything else form my side.
    Cheers,

Paulo

cnf
    Participant

Hi Stefano,

I understand you may be busier than ever, so, I thank you for your time spent with this upfront.
    Since my last reply, seems this cry for help has fallen through the cracks, can you help me please? This seams to be an issue happening with others also from what I can see on the forum.
    As requested, I have set the log level to debug, and the page where you can test the subscription is this one: http://www.cristinanogueiradafonseca.pt/happy-mail/
    Any ideas?

Thank you and best regards,
    Paulo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I seem to have the exact same problem.
    All emails are working fine sent through SMTP from WooCommerce and what not.
    I have to trigger the activation and welcome email manually to have it sent.

Is there any way to solve this issue?

Best regards,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.