Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Discriminate by Domain?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I recently had a problem in which Microsoft uniquely and quite unreasonably banned the upstream provider of my ISP from emailing their users. There’s no allegation that I’m responsible for this, but I’m stuck with it until it gets worked out.

I was just trying to figure out a way to segment the Microsoft domains off into a separate list, and hopefully send to all confirmed subscribers not on that list, but I don’t see any easy way of doing this. If I’m interpreting my interface correctly, I’d have to search subscribers, open each profile and edit.

This would be quite a prohibitively labor intensive chore in my mailing list.

If there’s a way to do it, I’ll be interested to know. If not, I offer this as a feature suggestion.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, you should run a query at the database level. Take a list not in use, suppose list number 3.

Run a query to add the list 3 to all *outlook.com addresses in your database:

update wp_newsletter set list_3=1 where email like ‘%@outlook.com’

you can run that query for other addresses, like outlook.fr and so on.

Then when you send a newsletter, you set the targeting to exclude everyone on list 3.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.