Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Different views (browser (test view) and e-mail view)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Holger Bornschein
    Participant

Newsletter PRO version.

My Goal:
    I would like to send results (JOOM SPORT) with the newsletter.

I can copy the results ( <p>For example, click here</p> ) and copy them into the text field in the draft newsletter.

When I save and open the newsletter draft and then view this draft in the browser as a test, everything looks wonderful and good:

<p></p>

When I receive the newsletter by e-mail, the first line below the header is always displayed on the right:

<p></p>

Do you have any tips or ideas on how I can prevent this?

Best regards
    Holger / Bahnsport-Info

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello Holger,

thanks for using our plugin. Let me say that what you’re trying to accomplish here is extremely difficult, from an email design perspective. I guess you’re copying the full html structure of that page, which is based on regular tables. It’s probably using some markup not recognized from email readers / editors. Can you please try to add here (you can use pastebin or similar services) the same code you’re pasting into the newsletter?

Holger Bornschein
    Participant

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you are right. I copy the full html structure into the newsletter. I tried it in the HMTL window and 1:1 in the text window. But i can´t copy the code here in your Text windows for the support-forum. I got an error.

Many Greetings
    Holger

Michael
    Keymaster

Hello Holger,

copying parts of web pages inside an email will almost inviariably cause display issues and other glitches. However, given its structure based on tables, which is very similar to email design structure, that page may result in something acceptable. You can try the following:
    – copy the exact same piece of html you tried to paste into our composer, go to pastebin.com, paste it there and share that with me
    – send a test copy of the faulty newsletter to michael[at]thenewsletterplugin.com so I can have a closer look at it.

Thanks,
    Michael

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.