Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Custom coded forms – system message don’t work

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    i have custom coded form on my website (wordpress + woocommerce), I use (from documentation) [newsletter_form form=”1”]. Newsletter workig great, except system messages. They don’t appear.
    Messages appear only when I’m using [newsletter], but this form doesn’t suits for me. I have more advanced form.
    Does anyone have any idea how to deal with this problem?

PS I’m using free version.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have the same problem, without “woocommerce”, just with wordpress.
    I’m using version 6.6.9 .

@ b4siac: Do you already solved this problem?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unfortunately no 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ b4siac: I have found a solution for our problem.

1.) Create a wordpress page, with [newsletter_form form="1"].
    2.) Go to “Custom Forms” ands add your custom form at Form 1. Beware of the right “name” attributes for you “input” field.
    3.) Create a new wordpress page, which is dedicated for the “newsletter system messages”
    4.) Go to “General settings” and choose the dedicated page created at 3.)

=> the “custom form” redirects to the “dedicated page”.

I’ve searched and tried hours for this solution. Now it works very well.
    Hope this helps you too.

@ Developers: Is this the right way? If yes, please adjust your documentation for “custom forms”.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, the dedicated page MUST contains ONLY the [newsletter] shortcode without any other parameter. If you use in that page other shortcodes, for example [newsletter_form] the messages cannot be displayed.

[newsletter_form] can be used in landing pages for example.

Anonymous
    Inactive

jack239, it works only partly in my case.

In quick steps:
    1. Client fill the form and should be redirect to page with information about confirmation link in e-mail.
    2. Client get an email with link, click and should be redirect to “thank you page’. but with this plugin we have only one page.
    So, I need two different pages 🙁
    I’m affraid that I have to keep looking. It’s a pity because this one is almost perfect.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Solve the problem 🙂 This plugin is perfect!

Anonymous
    Inactive

b4siac, great! 🙂

How did you do that with a single page and custom forms?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alternate Welcome Page URL.
    the only problem is that after unsubscribing from the newsletter, it moves to the confirmation pages instead page with goodbye.
    this is unfortunately not editable.

isn’t perfect after all 🙁

StN
    Participant

I would like to open a new topic on this forum but can’t figure out how to do that. It is also going about the custom forms.
    Around April 2020, the settings menu gave me a possibility to choose for ‘custom forms’ but now this link is gone. How can I reach now my form 1 to edit?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also have this problem, if someone has a solution, please tell me

Mark Fisher
    Participant

Hello,
    I have a very similar problem – I want to have multiple lists, with a separate thank-you page for each one.
    I could add a javascript to the landing page, if I knew how to extract the list ID.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.