Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Confirmation/Welcome/Unsubscribe messages do not show up

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    GarethS
    Participant

Hi Stefano,

The plugin works great, apart from the messages displayed when a user registers, or confirms a subscription, or unsubscribes, do not show up. Strangely, they appear in the URL that the page redirects to. This is not a big problem – I’ve managed to get around it by making custom pages – but it also affects the unsubscribe link in emails.

So, {unsubscription_url} doesn’t work (the message page does not show up), but {unsubscription_confirm_url} does work (it unsubscribes the user), but it doesn’t lead to the Goodbye message (and there is no option to create a custom page).

Any ideas? The problem seems to be with displaying the default messages.

Thank you,

Gareth.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, check the dedicated page you created for those messages. It should contain the [newsletter] shortcode.

Stefano.

GarethS
    Participant

Hi Stefano,

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

I did not have the [newsletter] shortcode on those pages – I didn’t realised that it needed to be there. I’ve added it now, but the messages still don’t show up. In fact, all that happens is that it displays the subscription form.

What am I doing wrong?

Gareth.

GarethS
    Participant

Hi Stefano,

OK, I think it’s working now. If I just use the messages without custom pages, then it works.

One other small question: is it possible to customise the profile form in the same way you can customise the subscriber form? I know you can customise the text around the profile form, but I’d like to alter the format and wording of the profile form itself.

Thank you,

Gareth.

Jesse McCormick
    Participant

I’m having a similar problem. But when I click either the unsubscribe or the confirmation link in a test newsletter (shortcode generated in newsletter for both), I just get the page that is the blank subscription page. There isn’t anything confirming unsub, no messages/emails/nothing. What’s not configured correctly?

Jesse

GarethS
    Participant

Hi Jesse,

Just to let you know that the way I resolved this issue was to give up on all custom pages, and just use the auto-generated ones. So, just have the [newsletter] shortcode in your main newsletter page, then customise the messages for the other pages. This now works fine. You can add a custom form so that the sign-up page is more how you want it (add text and html, etc).

Anyway, not ideal, but it stopped me banging my head against the wall.

G.

Jesse McCormick
    Participant

Thanks GarethS, but this means absolutely nothing to me. As far as I can tell I have no custom messages in here, except the custom content of the newsletter itself. Where do I go to confirm I have all defaults set instead of custom messages?

GarethS
    Participant

Hi Jesse,

You’ve set up a html page on your WP site, I presume, with the shortcode [Newsletter] in it.

Under List Building–subscription, you should see 5 tabs: General, subscription, activation, welcome, profile. On General you set your dedicated page (the WP page you created), then under the other four tabs you can set info that appears on the automatically generated pages (for subscription, activation, etc). On the last three tabs (activation, welcome and profile), there is an option to link to a custom made page (e.g. alternative welcome page url). Then, you would create your own Wp pages to correspond to these. This is the bit that wasn’t working for me, so I left them blank, and opted just to customise the messages (activation message, etc) under each tab.

Does that make sense?

G.

Jesse McCormick
    Participant

Yes. I have to jet now. I did remove that & when I go to the test email & select unsubscribe, I get the subscribe page (or at least I think it is). I don’t get any confirmation msg saying “you’ve been unsub’d.”

I’ll have to play with this more tomorrow.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.