Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Cannot update the plugin with message "Could not remove the old plugin.".

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My current version of the Newsletter plugin is 4.5.9 and I have been using it like this for several months. Today I have tried updating it but received the following messages:

Downloading update from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/newsletter.4.8.9.zip…

Unpacking the update…

Installing the latest version…

Removing the old version of the plugin…

Could not remove the old plugin.

Plugin update failed.

I have found the suggestion of logging into the server manually with a terminal and changing the permissions of the plugin files, but was unsuccessful in finding out how to do this with my own site, as I am not accustomed to the low level skills needed for this. Is this a known issue when updating or is there any other reason why I can’t seem to update the plugin. Would changing to premium bypass this? I’m willing to pay for the premium version if I can get over the updating issue. Also, can I reinstall the plugin without losing my email list? And if so, how should I backup my emails?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, try to delete manually the plugin files. You can find them on wp-content/plugins/newsletter. It’s not a problem of the plugin it’s a problem of file permissions.

Stefano.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.