Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Can I compose a newsletter with multiple sections with different post types?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Noone replied to my post so re-posting.

Can I compose a newsletter with 2 sections with different post types? I have composed a newsletter with the drag and drop editor – where does this editor save the theme/newsletter so I can add the post type filter to theme.php.

If not possible – can we add another section to a theme? Then I can add the post type filter to theme.php.

I saw this reply in the forum – https://www.thenewsletterplugin.com/forums/topic/how-to-include-only-custom-post-type#post-47194

Anonymous
    Inactive

Noone replied so I’m a bit disappointed 🙂

Anyways – ive spent a few days getting my newsletter to work so maybe my pain will help someone … pain because I am not a developer and current company doesn’t provide development support or premium support !!

2 problems with the plugin – Its important to say the newsletter team has made a good plugin and you cant expect more from the ‘free’ version but the problems I faced are faced by many people 🙂

* customized the image block php file to show full width images (wp_content/plugins/newsletter/emails/tnp_composer/blocks => changed width in – earlier width:800px

* customized the 1-col posts block php file to take the categories as set – I added a category to show certain posts and events in newsletter but the block wasn’t taking the category setting (wp_content/plugins/newsletter/emails/tnp_composer/blocks => changed $filters[‘category__in’] = $_POST[‘categories’] – earlier it was $filters[‘category__in’] = ”

* customized the 1-col posts block php file to query on a different post type – I added a custom post type and wanted to show those posts in this block
    (wp_content/plugins/newsletter/emails/tnp_composer/blocks => added $filters[‘post_type’] = ‘all_events’ before get_posts()

If anyone wants to return the favour they can tell me if these changes would not make the newsletter responsive.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.