Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Body encoding changes when nl subject contains umlaut

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Evi.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Larsipulami
    Participant

Hi there. I am experiencing a weird issue and it took me a while to figure out where the origin lies.

When composing/editing a newsletter, as soon as I have an umlaut (like ä) in the subject line, all the umlauts in the newsletter become wrongly encoded – for example “ü” becomes “ü”.

System/UA ofc is running with UTF-8.

Preview of the newsletter in the composer looks fine though, only all mail clients display the wrong encoding behavior.

What’s going on? 🙂

Cheers

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, are you using an SMTP plugin? WP SMTP Pro?

Larsipulami
    Participant

Yes, exactly

Stefano
    Keymaster

Ok, disable the tracking of that plugin, when enable they, we don’t know why, change the encoding declared messing up the messages.

Larsipulami
    Participant

What do you mean by disabling tracking of that plugin?

Larsipulami
    Participant

An answer is very much appreciated, thx.

it
    Participant

I am having the same issue. I don’t think we’ve changed anything.

Evi
    Participant

I had the same problem, as soon as I had an umlaut in the subject, the entire email was coded incorrectly (took me 2 hours to figure this out 😀 )

I was able to solve the problem by switching from wp smtp pro to the free version. Apparently the said tracking of emails (email protocols) is not activated because this is a paid function.

hope this helps 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.