Home › Forums › Newsletter Plugin Support › Background color newsletter
- This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 3 months ago by Bernd Zumoberhaus.
September 21, 2019 at 1:39 pm #236073
Hey all, I have found a way to change the background color on individual parts of the newsletter (like text, seperators etc), but I can’t find a way to change the background color of the parts that are *not* part of the newsletter. When I view the newsletter in my e-mail client or the webmail, there’s a white border to the left and right of my contents. I would love to get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!September 28, 2019 at 3:37 pm #240271
I submitted the same request, wonder what’s possible. The white is pretty uglyFebruary 15, 2020 at 12:04 pm #247119
No reply from the developers? Changing the body background on your newsletters seems like a pretty basic option in my opinion.February 15, 2020 at 5:52 pm #247125
I can share you my solution, although I think this should be part of the Newsletter configuration options.
– Goto you back-end of your host, most hosting providers offer a Control Panel
– Next use MYPHPADMIN or other tool to look at your WordPress database
– Select the table xxxx_newsletter_automated where xxxx is something specific for your website
– Now browse the table and find the row that is basically your newsletter, it holds the complete HTML
– Edit that record and find the code <body style=”margin: 0; padding: 0;”> and change it into <body bgcolor=”#cccccc”; style=”margin: 0; padding: 0;”>
– Where #cccccc is the hex code for your preferred color
Be aware the change will be gone if you change the newsletter in the ADMIN of your website using the Newsletter Plugin. So wait with the change until you’re happy with the Newsletter and will not make changes anymore.
Still, the plugin should support this out of the box.
Regards, BartFebruary 15, 2020 at 5:57 pm #247126
Thanks, Bart! All of my newsletters would have the same background color. Does that mean I have to change this only once and it’ll work for all my future newsletters?February 15, 2020 at 7:14 pm #247127
Unfortunately you have to make the change for every newsletter you will be creating. On the other hand you can now use different colours per newsletter.
Preferred solution to be build: Basically we would need an option to define the preferred background color while creating a newsletter. Next the code should use the provide color code while generating the HTML. Given my knowledge I know this is easy and any developer would be able to add it in hours.
Another incentive for the plugin developers to add the feature is that any plugin developer shouldn’t want website administrators to edit the database as it may cause all kind of other issues.
Kind regards, BartFebruary 15, 2020 at 7:16 pm #247128
Couldn’t agree more, Bart. Thanks for your information! Well appreciated.February 24, 2020 at 2:47 pm #247440Bernd ZumoberhausParticipant
I use the Plugin since some days and now an update is available. With this you can change the background color in the tab “Global styles” in the composer 🙂
But the problem is, that the left and right spacing is gone 🙁 In the composer is a left and right padding of 15px. But it makes no difference, even if I use a bigger padding. Any ideas?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.