Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Background color newsletter

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MvdE
    Participant

Hey all, I have found a way to change the background color on individual parts of the newsletter (like text, seperators etc), but I can’t find a way to change the background color of the parts that are *not* part of the newsletter. When I view the newsletter in my e-mail client or the webmail, there’s a white border to the left and right of my contents. I would love to get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bart Bruijnesteijn
    Participant

I submitted the same request, wonder what’s possible. The white is pretty ugly

MvdE
    Participant

No reply from the developers? Changing the body background on your newsletters seems like a pretty basic option in my opinion.

Bart Bruijnesteijn
    Participant

Hi

I can share you my solution, although I think this should be part of the Newsletter configuration options.

– Goto you back-end of your host, most hosting providers offer a Control Panel
    – Next use MYPHPADMIN or other tool to look at your WordPress database
    – Select the table xxxx_newsletter_automated where xxxx is something specific for your website
    – Now browse the table and find the row that is basically your newsletter, it holds the complete HTML
    – Edit that record and find the code <body style=”margin: 0; padding: 0;”> and change it into <body bgcolor=”#cccccc”; style=”margin: 0; padding: 0;”>
    – Where #cccccc is the hex code for your preferred color

Be aware the change will be gone if you change the newsletter in the ADMIN of your website using the Newsletter Plugin. So wait with the change until you’re happy with the Newsletter and will not make changes anymore.

Still, the plugin should support this out of the box.

Regards, Bart

MvdE
    Participant

Thanks, Bart! All of my newsletters would have the same background color. Does that mean I have to change this only once and it’ll work for all my future newsletters?

Bart Bruijnesteijn
    Participant

Hi

Unfortunately you have to make the change for every newsletter you will be creating. On the other hand you can now use different colours per newsletter.

Preferred solution to be build: Basically we would need an option to define the preferred background color while creating a newsletter. Next the code should use the provide color code while generating the HTML. Given my knowledge I know this is easy and any developer would be able to add it in hours.

Another incentive for the plugin developers to add the feature is that any plugin developer shouldn’t want website administrators to edit the database as it may cause all kind of other issues.

Kind regards, Bart

MvdE
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more, Bart. Thanks for your information! Well appreciated.

Bernd Zumoberhaus
    Participant

Hi,

I use the Plugin since some days and now an update is available. With this you can change the background color in the tab “Global styles” in the composer 🙂

But the problem is, that the left and right spacing is gone 🙁 In the composer is a left and right padding of 15px. But it makes no difference, even if I use a bigger padding. Any ideas?

Kind regards,
    Bernd

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.