Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Autoresponder throws subscribers out of line when they passed existing mails.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Andreas Karosser
    Participant

Hi there!

I’ve set up an autoresponder. Until today this has had 10 mails that were gradually sent to the subscribers of a list of 500 subscribers (Everyone who registers for my website is automatically put in that list). Today I created an 11th email and noticed, that it apparently does not go to all 500 subscribers who have already received the first 10 emails, but only to those subscribers who are currently still passing through the autoresponder.
    Is there no way to configure the autoresponder in such a way that subscribers who have gone through the existing mails wait until I create a new mail that THEN all these subscribers receive the new mail?

E.g. when I was still using Mailchimp whenever I added a new mail, ALL the subscribers who passed the previous mails instantly got the new one!

And if not, how can I filter out those from my subscribers who have already passed through the autoresponder?

Regards
    Andi

Andreas Karosser
    Participant

(Still) Anyone here? 😉

innsysconsulting
    Participant

I’m experiencing the same “problem”.

What is the correct way to address that ?

Thanks

Thomas

Andreas Karosser
    Participant

Hi! There is no solution. Support answeared me this:

“Hi, it’s correct, who finished the series does not receive new steps. This is ok, since if I finished the series 12 months ago, it make no sense to receive a new email after 1 year.”

I answeared, that for me it is essential that I can add mails to my autoresponder little by little and that ALL subscribers who originally signed up for this list receive it. And I asked to include at least select a “Subscribed before” in addition to “Subscribed after”-option.

Support said that they would check with the dev the option to add that “before” filter. This was the last thing I heared since September the 19th. 😉

innsysconsulting
    Participant

Hi again,

Thanks for your answer.

Well, since I really need this functionality, and since I know how to write PHP and WordPress plugins, I will investigate to try to find a way to fix that.

I’ll let you know 🙂

innsysconsulting
    Participant

The fix is done.

I’ll also be happy to suggest the Devs to review it and eventually implement it in the official version of the Autoresponder Addon 🙂

Andreas Karosser
    Participant

Good Morning! 🙂

Good news! Any chance for me to test the fix?

Best regards
    Andi

innsysconsulting
    Participant

Yes, I’m happy to share the fix.

Sadly, it looks like the security settings of this forum are so stupid and restricting that it is not allowing me to post messages containing images or links or piece of PHP code.

So I cannot post the screenshots that explains how to use the fix, nor post the code to add to the file edit.php.

And there is no “Direct Message” functionality so I can’t send you a PM … 🙁

That’s really annoying.

I’ve contacted the support to let them know and maybe they will find a way to whitelist me so I can post freely.

Meanwhile if you have another idea on how we can share the piece of code, let me know.

Thomas

innsysconsulting
    Participant

I have added the custom code on pastbin website, but sadly when I post the URL in this post, my messages are blocked and are not visible.

What a great security settings that prevent people from talking … 🙂

innsysconsulting
    Participant

Do you know how to decode base64 encoded strings ?

If yes, I have encoded the URLs with base64, so hopefully this message will not be blocked.

3 screenshots showing how to use this new functionality :
    – aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGhvbWFzbC5ldS9uZXdzbGV0dGVyLTAxLnBuZw==
    – aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGhvbWFzbC5ldS9uZXdzbGV0dGVyLTAyLnBuZw==
    – aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGhvbWFzbC5ldS9uZXdzbGV0dGVyLTAzLnBuZw==

And the Code to add in the file edit.php (stored on pastebin) :
    – aHR0cHM6Ly9wYXN0ZWJpbi5wbC92aWV3L2FjMWVlZGRj

Andreas Karosser
    Participant

Wow, this i absolutly amazing!!
    Stefano and his team should definitly add this to the plugin!
    You are a magician, thanks a lot!

I reopened my ticket concerning this issue and pointed to this topic. Hopefully they will react!

innsysconsulting
    Participant

Hi,

Great, I’m happy that the fix is working for you too 🙂

And yes, that would be great if this functionality could be added by the Devs into the official Autoresponder Add-on.

Have a good day.

Thomas

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.