Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Attribute data-saferedirecturl kills dispatch

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jetrca
    Participant

Dear ∀,

We copied content from GMail into a newsletter. Hereby a data-saferedirecturl attribute that GMail had added got copied within an -tag. As a consequence, the Newsletter died a silent death somewhere between the Newsletter plugin, WP Mail SMTP plugin and the one.com SMTP server. If I remove the data-saferedirecturl attribute, the shipment works.

This has roused two questions:

First:
    How, where & why was the E-Mail killed?
    I have been testing a bit. Replacing the Google link through a GMX deferrer link results in the same problem. If the attribute value is some link that is not a deferrer, the E-Mail will be sent.

Second:
    Does the newsletter plugin provide a way of forwarding E-Mails without copy & paste?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, the plugin does not check the content of the email, so it’s probably the provider filtering it. Even wp mail smtp, I believe, ignore the content.

The plugin does not provide a forward functionality, but why you copied an email from Gmail into Newsletter? To create a newsletter? Gmail changes deeply the email content to be correctly (and safely) displayed in a browser, hence the content is not good to create a newsletter.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.