Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Apply vs Save — Losing edits

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

We’ve found that if you say, add a text box to a newsletter and edit that block, if you hit “Save” at the bottom of the composer before hitting “Apply” in the text box, you will lose all your edits in the text box.

We discovered this after more than an hour of edits to the text box.

Why is that?

Can you add a prompt to save changes if you hit “Save” before “Apply”? Really really frustrating for our newsletter editor. Or grey out “Save” if you have open, unsaved edits in a block.

“Save” seems like a very logical name that someone would gravitate to, and yet it doesn’t behave like you would think it would.

This has been out here for 3 days with no comment. Stefano, care to contribute?

WyrmworksDale
    Participant

So much this.

I have lost so many hours writing newsletter sections due to an accidental browser swipe that refreshes the page/goes back, hitting Save instead of Apply, or something else, and hours of work are lost. I’ve started writing in a separate app, then copy/pasting, but there’s no way to “paste and match destination format,” so I have to write first then format later.

Ideally, I’d like to see autosave like the rest of WordPress, but I’d settle for an Ajax save when hitting “Apply” instead of having to remember to hit “Apply” then “Save”.

Please fix this!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.