Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Another problem with WP Scheduler not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    frothytoad
    Participant

I am experiencing the problem that others have reported where I’m getting the message “The WP scheduler doesn’t seem to be running correctly for Newsletter. Read this page to solve the problem.”

I have read the page, and even gotten help from my hosting company to ensure that my cron is firing properly, and could really use some help to understand why newsletters are no longer going out like they did a month ago.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

— Jeff

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, the alert reported by Newsletter is derived from interbal WP status, so even if the provider says everything is working, the internal stats say no.

Have you setup with your provider an external trigger?

Stefano.

frothytoad
    Participant

I have not, but it would be helpful if you could explain in a little more detail why this is necessary. Specifically: 1) It was working fine without this a month ago, and 2) I have confirmed that Newsletter is indeed in the scheduler, and I know the scheduler is running because everything else on my site is working just fine. Based on these two facts, how could an external trigger be the right and necessary solution?

Thanks!

— Jeff

Jacob Smith
    Participant

Jeff,

We had the same problem and it turned out to be another plugin which was handling cron wrong. Basically, it was detecting if cron was running and exiting early, but unintentionally it was exiting the entire PHP process rather than just its own code.

If you can, SSH into the server and run~

grep -rnw '/path/to/wp-config/plugins/' -e 'die'
    grep -rnw '/path/to/wp-config/plugins/' -e 'exit'

and try disabling any plugins that have files listed.

The solution might be to replace die(); or exit(); with return;

frothytoad
    Participant

I could not find any instance like this. Also, I had tried disabling all other plug-ins, and the problem persisted.

Any other ideas?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.