Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support amazonses.com did not encrypt this message

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kesit
    Participant

Hi,
    I have problem in newsletter email security header: “amazonses.com did not encrypt this message”

If I’m sending using test email, the security header said: “Standard encryption (TLS)”

What is the problem?
    emails that said “amazonses.com did not encrypt this message” are going to spam folder, I need help.

Thanks

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, we need some more information to understand the problem. Are you sending with our amazon ses addon? Or have you connected the blog with an SMTP plugin?

kesit
    Participant

I’m using amazon ses addon that I installed from addons manager.
    But I also has WP-Offload-SES plugin installed for general email sending.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, it seems not related to the TLS protocol, but something else. Where that message is shown?

kesit
    Participant

Hi Stefan, sorry for my late reply.
    The message is in the dialog box when we click triangle at sender details.
    Not all emails were having that kind of security status.

After discussing with AWS Support, it seems that I have to require TLS connection on every sending process. This can be done by adding email header: X-SES-CONFIGURATION-SET

Is AWS SES integration in newsletter plugin has this feature? if not, where should I add this header?

is adding:
    $this->phpMailer->addCustomHeader(‘X-SES-CONFIGURATION-SET’, ‘my-aws-configuration-set’);
    in plugin.php row 664 is safe?

Thanks for your response…

kesit
    Participant

I can’t put screenshot’s image / link to image

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, plugin.php of newsletter-amazon plugin? we do not use the PHP mailer to set the headers? are you using our smtp addon?

kesit
    Participant

Yes, it’s in newsletter-amazon plugin.

I don’t know how, but row 644 of plugin.php in newsletter-amazon plugin, there’s a function getPhpMailer()

I also found that in the same file, on row 336, there’s a variable call $complaint_array which doesn’t have any assigned value.

Any clue?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, the PHP mailer is actually used to encode the mail since amazon ses is faulty in managing utf-8 content, but it is not related to encryption.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.