Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Already bounced emails still receiving newly sent newsletters

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    alphakoncepts
    Participant

Email addresses I have previously marked as bounced (manually, not using the bounced add-on) are still receiving emails.

I recently sent a newsletter, and about 20 or so bounced back. Of the 20 I manually added to the bounced list, about 5 were already bounced. Is this correct?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, no, it is not correct and it is neither possible. When a newsletter is sent, the contacts are extracted always filtering by their status and it must be “confirmed”.

What sometime happens is this: the email is sent to A, A forward to B and B generate a bounce.

What you can try to do is to check the returned email and see if it contains the original message. Using the link to manage the profile, open the profile edit page and check which contact has originally received the email.

One case I saw, the original address was a mailing list forwarding the email to some other addresses (some of them were subscribers as well!).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.