Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Forum Where should the duplicate email error appear?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ahardy42
    Participant

Hi,
    I have just set up Newsletter with its own URL for the newsletter_profile like so:

[newsletter_form
        button_label="Subscribe"
        class="tnp tnp-subscription"
        referrer="newsletter"]
      [newsletter_field name="first_name"
          label="First name"]
      [newsletter_field name="last_name"
          label="Last name"]
      [newsletter_field name="email"
          label="Email"]
      [newsletter_field name="privacy"
          label="GDPR Permissions: please check this box to confirm you give us permission to email you the Total Carbon Rationing newsletter. Your email address will never be sold or given to any third parties. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of the newsletter email."]
    [/newsletter_form]

I can see from the URL query string ‘error’ parameter, after submitting a test email address for a second time. But I don’t see the error anywhere.

I understand how most of the plugin works, but I haven’t figured out this part yet. Please can you provide some info?

Thanks.

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, check if “multiple subscriptions” is disallowed on subscription configuration page.

Stefano.

ahardy42
    Participant

Hi Stefano,

repeated subscriptions: No

What I should have said is that the attempt to repeat subscribe results in this URL:

https://ecocore.org/newsletter/?nm=error&nk=7-fe6c0194f0

Obviously server-side, it recognised the illegal repeat subscribe attempt and set query param “nm=error” but there is no error display.

My [newsletter_form] is shown in the first post above.

As well as the missing error message, I am missing the spam controls like captcha. I can’t see any description in the documentation with instructions how to do this – please advise.

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by ahardy42.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by ahardy42.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.