Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Unsubscribe link issue…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    brian07002
    Participant

Hi,

I have a question regarding your Newsletter plugin…This has to do with after installation, and I have sent a test email using this plugin…

when the email comes to my mailbox, it looks correct, but the unsubscribe link just goes back to the page on my website where the newsletter was installed:

http://worldclassads.com/classifieds/newsletter/

I know there was no sign of me being unsubscribed from the newsletter, so I have to be concerned that the user is not unsubscribed. Also, when I edit the user that I have added to the subscribers list in the newsletter plugin, their status is set as confirmed, not unsubscribed. Can someone please help me get this working? I don’t know if it might be something in the page template that is missing or not right. I appreciate an early response (if possible) as I need to get some emails sent out this evening…

Thank you
    Brian

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by brian07002.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by brian07002.
    Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, the cancellation link should contains some other parameters so the page “knows” to show the cancellation message. If the ending url does not contain that parameter, probably you have a plugin installed (or like) which remove parameters from the urls. Can you check that?

Stefano.

brian07002
    Participant

Hi,

I am not sure what the issue is, but after our conversation via email, the last thing I have done was change the Newsletter page to just the shortcode [newsletter] but now I am getting this message:

http://worldclassads.com/classifieds/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/do/unsubscribe.php?nk=1-4b1b968ba8

But the subscribers link stillshows confirmed, not unsubscribed.

Please advise.

Thank you
    Brian

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, I reply right now to your email. Since the unsubscription url seems to work correctly (it doesn’t matter which message is shown) the subscriber number one should be unsubscribed.

brian07002
    Participant

Hi,

I have tried to unsubscribe, and it did not work for me, (still says confirmed) but when you did it, it worked I see, what do you think is the reason it’s not working for me? Can you outline the steps you did to unsubscribe?

Thank you
    Brian

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by brian07002.
    brian07002
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t know why, but earlier when you replied, I have looked in my subscribers link and both of the users were unsubscribed. I don’t know why they unsubscribed before, but are not now, I am wondering if it takes a certain amount of time before it actually changes in the newsletters plugin settings page. That’s really odd, but I know I was not seeing things, it did say unsubscribed for both subscribers, 1 AND 2.

brian07002
    Participant

Hi,

Also, if you don’t mind me asking you this, how did you make them (my emails) change to unsubscribed status? They were both confirmed, and I don’t remember giving you admin access, and you wouldn’t know the email addresses I subscribed with, so how did you actually change the status of both of the emails in my database?

Another question: I tried to add a background image to the newsletter in the body tag like so:

<body background-image: url(“http://www.mysite.com/image.png&#8221;);

This is not working correctly either, any suggestions I can try?

Thank you
    Brian

brian07002
    Participant

Hi,

I have figured out the unsubscribe link issue, it had to do with using the edit profile link in the email instead of the actual unsubscribe link in the email. I will just remove that link and change / update the text for the edit profile link so that is the link my newsletter subscribers will use (hopefully never use) unless / if they want to unsubscribe from my newsletters.

Thanks again!
    Brian

brian07002
    Participant

Hi,

Regarding this same issue, it’s happening again, but this time, the profile link in the email is not working either, the profile link is right in the actual email, but after clicking the profile link redirects to a different page:

The PROFILE LINK from the test email: http://worldclassads.com/classifieds/wp-content/plugins/newsletter/do/profile.php?nk=1-966f8fb91f

But when I click on that url: It takes about a few seconds then goes to this page: http://worldclassads.com/classifieds/newsletter/?nm=profile&nk=1-966f8fb91f

When it goes to that page, it’s the newsletter.php page on my site with the signup form to receive the newsletter but has nothing to do with the profile page, nor the unsubscribe link. I am baffled by this situation…Has anyone else encountered this before?

Does anyone have the solution to this issue??

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, you probably have some plugin or configuration which is creating those issues. The link you copied are correct, and if a page exists inside wordpress with url /newsletter/ and which contains only the short code [newsletter], it should show the profile of the subscriber and not the subscription form.

Try to check the above conditions. Let me know.

Stefano.

brian07002
    Participant

Hi,

I have fixed this issue, but I thought I would bring it to your attention. I have removed the dedicated newsletter page. In my case it was: http://worldclassads.com/classifieds/newsletter … When I removed that page (left the box empty) and I clicked the edit my profile link it worked, (the default profile page), so it has to do with when I created my page, the page was changing from the [newsletter] tag, to the actual code in the the Subscription form link, Form code page…That’s what I originally had in my newsletter page, when it was supposed to be just the shortcode [newsletter] I don’t know how that changed.

Brian

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.