I’m not sure if I missed something, but I can’t send emails to my subscribers. ‘Save and Test’ works. Sending test emails via ‘Diagnostic’ screen works. When I trigger a newsletter, I see an error in my main.txt file:
‘… Blocked by transient newsletter_main_engine set 113 seconds ago…’
Ok, good to know Stefano. That’s what’s puzzling. Initially, it looked like the newsletter was sent (Status was indicating all of them were sent). Since I didn’t get it (I made sure I was one of the subscribers), I set up a test where I was the only subscriber. It looks like it didn’t go through. Where should I look to see the problem?
Thank you for reminding me. I’m sure the email is not in the spam folder. The test email didn’t send at all (showing ‘sent(0/1)’. The email is correct. I can ‘save and test’ to the same email successfully.
Ok, I may have resolved this one. It looks like there was a couple of issues with the cron. The provider ran a script to fix the file permissions to allow the cron to work. This allowed the emails to go out (yaay!). However, I was still getting file permission notifications from the cron.
On a larger issue, it looks like there may be an issue with the ‘wget’ command. Since I’m on shared hosting, the ‘wget’ command is not supported. Unfortunately, the provider was unable to provide guidance on what alternative would be supported.