Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Forum Test mail doesn't work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Francesco
    Participant

Hi,

I just installed the plugin, I use Gmail SMTP and my WP can send emails. But the plugin, with SMTP deactivated does not. I don’t get a clear error though, just the following:

Email sent with Newsletter: FAILED ()

I’m testing through the STATUS panel. Can the plugin be the problem? Or? All parameters look ok beside the cron job, which is red. This shouldn’t affect anyway my test, since I’ve been trying and waiting for 24h. Furthermore during my first tests the cron parameter was green as well.

Thanks for your help!

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi are you using an SMTP plugin? If so, be sure to set correctly the sender email address on Newsletter main settings, that could be the problem. Do NOT cnofigure the SMTP on Newsletter: Newsletter uses the SMTP plugin if present.

Stefano.

Francesco
    Participant

Does it mean that “send email directly” in advanced general settings should be set to yes and “enable smtp” should be set to no under smtp settings, both inside the newsletter plugin?

Francesco
    Participant

I tried to set up in general setting “send email directly” to yes, and no for SMTP. I get:

Email sent with Newsletter: FAILED (Could not instantiate mail function.)

In the documentation, it says that it’s the website that can’t send emails, but when I test with my external plugin (called Gmail SMTP), sending emails does work.

Francesco
    Participant

In the end I succeeded with another plugin: WP Mail SMTP, instead of Gmail SMTP. What I still need to get working is the sender email: it keeps using my real gmail address instead of the one with the domain name.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Francesco.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.