Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Forum Template/theme changes not appearing after edits

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ccastigl 6 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ccastigl
    Participant

I edited the vimeo-like theme to adjust the wording in the header. I saved the php file successfully, yet non of my changes are showing up when I am trying to compose a new newsletter. I have found no answers so far in documentation, and the forum so I am starting this new thread.

I did trying clearing all caches (browser, wordpress, etc) yet still nothing.

Why won’t my edits show up?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, if you edited the original packaged theme, that is the file which is loaded. Check if you have a custom theme under wp-content/extensions/newsletter/emails/themes (where you should add your custom themes). Of course after an update all themes are reset to the packaged version.

Stefano.

ccastigl
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

No update (I assume you mean WP Update) had occurred. Just edits to the theme, saved and trying to create a newsletter but the changes didn’t show up.

I will see if the custom themes have the edited theme, off the top of my head I don’t recall.

Thank you

ccastigl
    Participant

Hello,

So I can verify that the theme files are where they should be. Yet no matter what I seem to do, the old theme with typos still show.

What else can be done to fix this?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Hi, the plugin update reset all the prepackaged themes. If you want to have a custom theme, you should add it to a special folder. See the documentation on this site on how coding custom themes and avoid them to be lost when the plugin receives an update.

Stefano.

ccastigl
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I don’t think we’re understanding each other. No updates occurred. Not the plugin. Not WP. Nothing. All I had done was edit the text in one of the theme files in the array that the theme uses to display header text. That’s it.

However, I was able to get it working by just creating a new folder as you suggested (though that was a bit particular too).

Thanks again, this thread can be closed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.