Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Forum Template/theme changes not appearing after edits

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ccastigl 6 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #145248

    ccastigl
    Participant

    I edited the vimeo-like theme to adjust the wording in the header. I saved the php file successfully, yet non of my changes are showing up when I am trying to compose a new newsletter. I have found no answers so far in documentation, and the forum so I am starting this new thread.

    I did trying clearing all caches (browser, wordpress, etc) yet still nothing.

    Why won’t my edits show up?

    #147013

    Stefano
    Keymaster

    Hi, if you edited the original packaged theme, that is the file which is loaded. Check if you have a custom theme under wp-content/extensions/newsletter/emails/themes (where you should add your custom themes). Of course after an update all themes are reset to the packaged version.

    Stefano.

    #147037

    ccastigl
    Participant

    Hello,

    Thank you for the reply.

    No update (I assume you mean WP Update) had occurred. Just edits to the theme, saved and trying to create a newsletter but the changes didn’t show up.

    I will see if the custom themes have the edited theme, off the top of my head I don’t recall.

    Thank you

    #152459

    ccastigl
    Participant

    Hello,

    So I can verify that the theme files are where they should be. Yet no matter what I seem to do, the old theme with typos still show.

    What else can be done to fix this?

    #152607

    Stefano
    Keymaster

    Hi, the plugin update reset all the prepackaged themes. If you want to have a custom theme, you should add it to a special folder. See the documentation on this site on how coding custom themes and avoid them to be lost when the plugin receives an update.

    Stefano.

    #153028

    ccastigl
    Participant

    Hello,

    Thank you for the reply. I don’t think we’re understanding each other. No updates occurred. Not the plugin. Not WP. Nothing. All I had done was edit the text in one of the theme files in the array that the theme uses to display header text. That’s it.

    However, I was able to get it working by just creating a new folder as you suggested (though that was a bit particular too).

    Thanks again, this thread can be closed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.