Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Speed up or mask the registration process?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    C. Rijken
    Participant

The registration process takes up about 3 seconds on my VPS. None of the other pages take this long to load.

Now I understand that it takes time to verify database entries and all, but it would be nice if there was some way to either speed up this process OR show a nice loading thingie, so people wouldn’t have to be facing a white screen….

Stefano
    Keymaster

The problem is for sure the mailing part of the process. Check why your vps is so slow. If you have a local postfix or like it should be very quick in accepting the email and the delivering it.

If you are using an external SMTP, I can suggest to change your configuration setting up in the VPS a postfix wotking as local relay to the external SMTP, so the email are enqueued locally the then delivered.

Stefano.

C. Rijken
    Participant

I have no problem whatsoever sending e-mail from the VPS. It’s monitored on a 24/7 basis, both error and performance wise.

I have “Send email directly” on Yes. Does that do anything?

C. Rijken
    Participant

Can you tell me in which file the mailing part takes place? I will surpress it in the code and see if the registration is any faster.

Thanks,

Cees

C. Rijken
    Participant

Anything???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.