I am making a bilingual, Hebrew-English website with WordPress and Wcolor theme, if this is in some way relevant.
I have installed your Newsletter plugin. It seems brilliant – until the moment of sending.
Can’t seem to send via external SMTP, using Google Apps, Gmail.
Let me describe the problem and what I have done to test it.
1. Made diagnostic test. WordPress is sending fine.
2. Tried different addresses, including those not in Google apps but just Gmail.
3. Disabled Newsletter plugin and installed Easy WP SMTP. Configured – test mail is sent and delivered fine.
4. Tried to not include sender name and mail – not working.
5. Tried TLS and SSL with their corresponding ports – both fail equally. (On my Outlook the working combination is TLS/587).
6. Read just about everything I found on the web on the error – found no solution but the ports’ setup, which I have learned already.
7. Due to the other plugin sending fine, this does not appear to be a problem with my hosting.
8. The error received is always the same:
“SMTP -> ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection timed out (110)”
Can you help me? I am at my wits’ end with this thing!
I have bought the professional version and happy about all the features it has.
Now that I have already tested the plugin and everything looks good I have a big problem…
I’m using a SMTP server for sending newsletter and they arrive well for all the mails I have tested except for gmail or hotmail mailes.
The strange thing is that when I send the testing email from the configuration tab it arrives to my gmail account without problem, but when I send a newsletter via test users or via real delivery the mail does not arrive.