Home Forums Newsletter Plugin Support Multilanguage profile page and service messages

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matteo Ziggiotto
    Participant

Good morning.
    I would like to have some clarifications on how the translation works.
    I’m using Polylang.
    For the form: I create two different lists (one for each language), then article https://www.thenewsletterplugin.com/different-subscriptions-different-lists says that adding list=”1″ or “2” to the short code [newsletter_form] I can drive the traffic to a specific list.
    But if I want the subs form in two languages (so for example if my 2nd lang is IT I want visitors see italian placeholders instead of the standard EN ones), I have to create a custom coded form with the same code of the EN one just changing the placeholders and then add for ex [newsletter_form form="2" list="2"] to show it, right?

About the [newsletter]: I don’t understand if it’s a page with the profile info, the past newsletters or what, and if there’s a way to make it multi-language.

For the service messages (activation, welcome, goodbye): is there a way to have them in two languages (so visitors who subscribe from the form 1 get an english email and subs from the form 2 get the italian version)?

Stefano
    Keymaster

Check the multilanguage documentation page in our documentation sections. On your admin side you can switch the language with polylang and configure per language messages. Lists can bond to languages, check the list configuration panel.

Stefano.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a similar problem. I have set everything up in The Newsletter Plugin: the whole service messages, edit your profile, welcome message etc. An everything in all 3 languages. My website is in 3 languages: Slovak, English, German and I use WordPress and WPML. Only with the slovak version, all service messages and trigger emails plus the links within are working. In the german and english version, you will be redirect to the home page – it doesnt matter, in which part of the subscription process you are in. Can someome help me here?

Thank you
    Jana

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.