Home › Forums › Newsletter Plugin Support › Bug after moving servers?
- This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 1 month ago by pazzaglia.
April 24, 2013 at 5:40 am #7982
I think I found a bug in the newsletter plug-in. I originally installed the newsletter plug-in on a development server DRAFT.hippressurecooking.com (about 4 weeks ago -when you started to get all of the support requests from me). Last week, I moved everything live to http://WWW.hippressurecooking.com – and changed all of the settings on Newsletter as well from DRAFT to WWW.
Last night I started to send out my first newsletter (still going so I haven’t had a chance to install your latest update) and the unsubscribe link still has the DRAFT in it.
If someone wants to un-subscribe they go to their profile (this works):
But, on the profile page, if they click “click here” to cancel their subscription the link takes them to here:
In other words, broken. : (
I read something about changing a URL variable in your latest update, so please let me know if you’ve already solved this problem with the latest update!
LApril 24, 2013 at 3:12 pm #7985
Just following-up to let you know I installed the latest newsletter update, and the unsubscribe link is still with the old server name (DRAFT).
LApril 26, 2013 at 2:16 pm #7994StefanoKeymaster
Hi, wordpress generally saves the full url even on post: if you change the main url you should change it on many places, blog posts included. On next version I’m trying to solve partially such thing but cannot managed on every configuration.
Stefano.April 26, 2013 at 2:35 pm #7997
I realize that my problem may not affect many people – though its frustrating for someone who wants to un-subscribe.
I’m thinking another way to solve it by re-installing newsletter.
If I de-activate and delete newsletter and then re-install it.. will the data remain in the database?
I’m thinking that doing an “initial” installation on the right sub-domain will allow my readers to finally un-sbuscribe – but I don’t want to loose all of the configurations and data.
If you can point me to where I can change this variable directly in the database I’ll do my best to figure out how to do it.
LApril 26, 2013 at 2:38 pm #7998
P.S. Everything else works great – my first newsletter went out without a hitch (except for recipients not being able to un-subscribe).April 26, 2013 at 2:38 pm #7999StefanoKeymaster
The link is inside the subscription/unsubscription texts on newsletter configuration, there is not such value into the database. Of course you should check the wordpress general setting to see if the domain is correctly set.
Your problem is common. Usually I setup a test site with tst.domain.com. The I dump the database and I change the tst. with www.
Stefano.April 26, 2013 at 2:49 pm #8000
Found it, removed it and fixed it! Works like a charm now.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.